At the intersections of yoga, mindfulness, feminism, and social justice.
Beth's speaking style is engaging, often humorous, and grounded in extensive teaching experience. Her talks lead participants through interactive sessions that combine mindfulness practices with feminist analysis. She is adept at talking with participants who hold a range of complex identities and who are at a range of familiarity and "comfort-levels" with social justice concepts. She is compassionate--and, when necessary--compassionately fierce--in facilitating meaningful discussions to unlearn oppression and work toward justice.
Recent Speaking Events
Beth Can Speak on the following topics:
- Mindful Feminism
- Yoga and Social Justice
- Mindfulness as a Practice of Social Change
- Feminism, Body Image, and Yoga
- Becoming Social Change Agents
- Resilience and Sustainability in Social Change Work
- Unlearning Internalized Oppression
- Disrupting Privilege
- Intersectional Feminism
- Mindfulness and Preventing Activist Burnout
- Gender and Pop Culture
- Facilitating Anti-Racist, Feminist, Queer Dialogues on Campus
- Have other ideas? Contact Beth.