Beth Berila, Ph.D., 500-hr RYT is the Director of the Women's Studies Program and Professor in the Ethnic and Women's Studies Department at St. Cloud State University in St. Cloud, Minnesota. She is also a 500-hr registered yoga teacher and an Ayurvedic Yoga Specialist who completed her 500-hour Yoga Teacher Training program at Devanadi School of Yoga and Wellness. She is the author of the book Integrating Mindfulness into Anti-Oppression Pedagogy: Social Justice in Higher Education (Routledge). She served on the leadership team of the Yoga and Body Image Coalition for two years and is now a community partner. She works to make yoga accessible to every body by challenging the lack of diversity in the mainstream Western yoga culture. Her current projects merge yoga and meditation practices with feminism and mindful education to create a form of socially engaged embodied learning.
Beth is available for speaking, teaching, or workshops on the following topics:
- Yoga, Feminism, and Socially Engaged Embodied Learning
- Integrating Mindfulness into Anti-Oppression Pedagogy
- Feminism, Body Image, and Yoga
- Yoga and Meditation to Unlearn Internalized Oppression and Privilege
- Mindfulness for College Wellness and Success.
- Have other ideas? Contact me!